There is plenty to explore from Gouy en Ternois. Some ideas include:
- The historic town of Arras - with its superb squares, citadel, nice museum, good shopping, swimming and bowling facilites, plus its Great War memorials and exhibitions - 30 minutes
- Amiens - beautiful gothic cathederal, nice town, lovely river walks along the Somme river - around 50 minutes to the south
- Fashionable le Touquet and the Bay of the Somme - an hour or so to the West
- Lille - just over an hour to the north
- As a base to visit and commemorate some of the sights of the Great War - Gouy is close to the 'Western Front', and within an easy drive to the Somme Battlefields, Vimy Ridge, Albert, the Newfoundland memorial and the Thiepval memorials.
- Belgium is close - with Bruges and Ghent just over two hours drive
- Paris - don't drive there, but take a regular TGV train from Arras - only one hour into the heart of the Capital!